Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Summertime











So summer is here. Weather wise it is NOT my favorite season, but as a mom and a teacher summer totally ROCKS! I love being home and just being mom and wife. I am working on getting all those projects done that I put off. So far we have cleaned the garage for yard sale (which was pretty successful) going to try one more time to clear out more "stuff", we have gone thru the kids closets, hall closets, tended the garden, made homemade strawberry jam, and homemade bread. And it is only the 2nd week. We arejust getting ready for the busy soccer season for Tyler. He will be playing in the summer games up in Cedar next week. Soccer camp, scout camp, and cheer camp all come up in the next month. As I don't have anything exciting to write about, I was sitting here thinking about how thankful I am for my family, and the time that I do get to spend with them. I have great kids, who are a big help around the house (most of the time) THe boys today had their bathrooms cleaned, laundry put away, and the dishes done before I ever got out of bed. I am thankful for a husband that treats me like a queen. He is helpful around the house and is always taking care of me. I am thankful that I have my health and am able to take care of them. (side-note: most recent CT scan is clear of any and all cancer. So yeah! Here is to another 4 months!!!!) Anyway, the pictures are just family pictures from the last several years.

3 comments:

Sandi said...

So glad to hear about the CT scan, congratulations. Now if you could just let me in on the secret of how you get your kids to be so helpful without even asking, I would forever be in your debt!

Julie Smith said...

I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I am glad that you are enjoying your summer. It sounds like you will stay plenty busy!

Brittany Barnes said...

You have the cutest family and you can see how happy you are! We need to all meet at Mom's house sometime. It would be good to see everyone together!