Thursday, June 18, 2009

to blog or facebook

So, I have been addicted to Facebook because it is such an easy, quick way of keeping in touch. You can do everything on FB that you can on a blog. But I feel like a blog is a little more personal, and that I can write a little more here. But I want your input. What do you think? Blog or Facebook? I am by no means giving up either of them, but thought this might be an interesting topic. Anyway, summer is well underway. DId I mention that being a teacher.. I LOVE summers. I wonder how in the world that I do what I do and work full time too. Summers really dont slow us down, we just go in different directions...soccer, cheer, pools, "spring" cleaning that i can't get to in the spring....Even in the summer I am having a hard time finding time to scrapbook..but I will! I promised myself that I would get a bunch done!!!!!! If you are a FB reader this is a repeat for you, but Tyler's soccer team played in the Utah Summer Games and won the gold medal! Way to go! After a challenge from our bishopric, we are each trying to increase our personal scripture reading time, making it daily. So far we have done ok. If you have never looked at "readthescriptures.com" it is a great tool. It sends you a daily e-mail to try and keep you current. You choose what you want to read and in what amount of time and Viola.....it breaks it up for you. Joe and I are both reading the Book of Mormon in 90 days, so we should finish in September. Chase has chosen to read the Old Testament. Karlie and Tyler are also reading the Book of Mormon. Wish us luck that we can continue! So here is the "picture" part of my post. Karlie loves to hoola-hoop, so then Tyler decided to try. Actually we all gave it a whirl...Joe and I not so successfully. But Karlie and Ty were so cute that i had to post the videos of them. Oh, and here are a few of the "fruits (actually they're the veggies of our labors. THis is the 2nd cabbage, I still can't believe how excited I have been about CABBAGE! This is what we do for fun at night during the summer. Hope you are all having a great summer. And again, please leave your feelings about FB vs. blogging.

5 comments:

Marchelle said...

I think you do both. The nice thing about the blog is you can have them made into books. Fun gifts or just as a journal type record for your family. I like FB for keeping in touch with everyone right now.

I wish we had a garden, you guys are so industrious.

Miss ya.

Sandi said...

I love them both, but fb definitely has it's advantages when you are in a hurry. I find myself posting on my blog when I have a little more time and when I'm feeling a little more creative than usual.

Marchelle - How do you get your blog made into a book? I didn't know you could do that.

Brittany Barnes said...

Your family is so cute! I wish I had the summer completely off. I hate winter, so I don't really mind being inside. But I HATE being inside in the summer. Congrats on the Utah Summer games. That is great!

Sharemy said...

Blog ALL the way!!! I will never go to the dark side!! J/k love you!!

B said...

I do both . . . sort of. I actually prefer blogging. Facebook is good for knowing where people are and dropping them a quick note, but blogging allows for SO much more information and creative fun! I blog far more than I spend on Facebook.

There is my two-cents.